Certificates of attendance
Attendees can download a signed, headed PDF certificate of attendance via the login link above. Look for the 'C' icon alongside your registration.
Use our travel email and our travel PDF to help you get home!
Funding: Travel bursary scheme
We are delighted to announce that the the University of Edinburgh has secured funding to support 60 delegates to attend the conference by waiving conference fees, and covering the costs of travel and accommodation. This grant has been made possible through funding from the Scottish Government. The purpose of the travel bursary scheme is to increase the participation of African colleagues, especially those based on the African continent, at the conference.
No further applications can be taken at this stage. Applicants will be notified of decisions from 4th March.
The rules and criteria
- ALL applications must be submitted via the online form.
- Be a citizen of an African country
- Study or work in an African university, research institution or other higher institution of learning
- Intend to travel to the conference from Africa
- Applicants should not seek 'double-funding' (i.e. you already have full funding from another source). Our aim is to support those who have partial funding from another source or no funding at all.
- Deadline: 13 February 2019
A panel at the University of Edinburgh will allocate the travel bursaries considering the strength of the proposed papers and the delegates’ potential for future research excellence. We are particularly keen to support early career researchers who might not have access to other sources of travel funding and who could collaborate in the future with University of Edinburgh researchers.
Procedure for disbursement
The funding will be given in advance of the event, where possible, so as to avoid colleagues having to take loans, etc. Consequently, if a delegate does not attend the conference they may be asked to return the full sum, if the circumstances merit it. Receipts are required in order to receive funding. These are the conditions accepted in applying for the funds.